See what customers are saying about Lifepoint
‘Isaac has been a pleasure to deal with and always answers any queries promptly and efficiently’.
“I have only recently started dealing with Isaac but in that short period of time have come to recognize someone who apart from his professionalism genuinely cares about his clients and is prepared to go the extra mile to guarantee customer satisfaction. It is always a pleasure talking to him and I wish him much success for the future.
‘’ We have been with Lifepoint since the start. Isaac is always available to offer his time, invaluable advice and experience to provide an all round great service – well recommended!’’
‘’After researching Health Insurance online and being totally baffled I was introduced to Isaac via a networking site after asking for help. Isaac went into great detail as to what we were looking for and the level we wanted to pay. He explained options very clearly and concisely without me having to read reams of slanted promotional material from different companies. I then did the application with him and got the recommended health insurance.
During the whole process Isaac was professional, friendly and efficient. He answers the phone promptly and there are no call centres Big yayyyy! I would (and have) recommend him to anyone looking to avoid trawling through loads of information without a clear idea of what you are looking at!’
‘’Excellent service!! Best customer care I have ever experienced!’’
Lifepoint are always simple and friendly to deal with and provide excellent support in each of the service areas they offer. They were excellent in tailoring a bespoke and suitable policy for me and my family which offers a great deal of reassurance and comfort. Highly recommended.
I was referred to Isaac by a friend of mine, and he was absolutely fantastic. He went above and beyond in helping me find the perfect health insurance. Everything was straight forward. I highly recommend Lifepoint
Isaac has been amazing, great customer service always looking out for what package suits us best
Lifepoint has continuously provided us with a timely, professional and competitive service. Their after care is also excellent. We would recommend them any day
A very reliable and efficient company which places its clients’ needs at the heart of the service it provides. We have had excellent advice when choosing health cover and would happily recommend Lifepoint Healthcare.
Pleasure to work with. Very helpful. Gets the best deal possible
A truly refreshing approach to the corporate and private medical health insurance market. Every phone call and email gives the feeling lifepoint healthcare has your back!
Excellent service!! Best customer care I have ever experienced!
Excellent pricing, speedy response, transparent advice & impartial quotations. Well done. A satisfied client
Can’t say anymore really he is excellent on price and always available with a quick and efficient response time to any issue really the best
Many thanks for your unlimited patience in assisting us with selecting a suitable healthcare cover.
Have you ever thought about what would happen if you were suddenly unable to work due to an accident, illness or unemployment? Most people have not, however, we believe that this is the most important of all protection insurances to have – This is considering the fact that the average UK household if solely relying on savings and state benefits, would be unable to survive financially longer than 29 days.
Income Protection provides a monthly, tax-free income to help meet your financial commitments if you are unable to work through illness, an accident, disability or unemployment. The payments are a proportion of your gross monthly income, up to 70%.
It is designed to cover your monthly outgoing such as mortgage or rent payments, bills and food.
Why do I need Income Protection Insurance?
Because we do not know what is around the next corner. If, for example, illness means you have to take long-term sick leave, the sick pay you receive from your employer will usually cease after six months. The question then is how to cover your monthly outgoings; using your savings perhaps, or relying on your partner or family to help keep things going. It is a stressful situation at an already difficult time. Income Protection relieves financial anxieties, leaving you free to concentrate on making a full recovery.
With low levels of government support, and not many employers offering long term sick pay, being able to protect your income is critical. Your income is the backbone of your entire lifestyle. It makes sense to protect it.
There are different types of Income Protection.
- Short Term Protection – this provides an income up to 2 years should you be unable to work to an accident sickness or unemployment. There is normally no underwriting for this type of policy and the payout are also more limited. Each product varies.
- Long Term Protection – this more traditional kind of protection, formally known as Permanent Health Insurance, provides you protection for your income against illness or injury until a fixed age, until you return to work or possibly until you retire. It is underwritten from the outset of taking out this policy so you know what you are covered for from the first day.
The premium can range widely depending on various factors:
- Occupation: Insurers class jobs into different risk groups. For example, clerical workers will usually be in group one, shop assistants in group two, plumbers in group three and construction workers in group four.
- Deferral period: the longer you can wait to receive a payout once you’ve put in a claim, the cheaper your premiums will be.
- General state of health: pre-existing conditions will often be excluded, but some insurers may cover you in exchange for higher premiums
- Whether you smoke: most insurers will charge you more if you’re a smoker.
- The level of cover you need: Subject to maximum cover levels, the higher the level of protection you choose, the more you’ll pay.
Incapacity and subsequent usage of an income protection policy will be defined on one of the following four gradings, although we only truly believe in ‘Own occupation’:
- Own occupation – the policyholder is incapacitated if following, illness or accident they are unable to perform their own occupation and are not working in another job.
- Suited occupation – the policyholder is considered incapacitated if, following illness or accident they are unable to perform an occupation suitable to them applicable to their skills, education and work experience.
- Any occupation – the policyholder is incapacitated if following illness or accident, they are unable to perform any occupation at all.
- Activities of daily living (ADLs) – the policyholder is incapacitated if, following illness or accident they are unable, to perform a number of defined functions such as dressing and undressing, washing, eating, climbing stairs, shopping etc. The policy will define the number of functions and their definitions.
The process for the policy to kick in is as follows:
- You are unable to continue working due to accident, sickness or unemployment.
- You submit a claim with your insurance provider, including any relevant doctor’s notes and claims forms.
- The insurer assess your claim, and if approved, begins paying out the benefit after your deferent period, and continues to do so until you go back to work, reach retirement or reach the maximum length of payment.
As Protection Specialists we are uniquely positioned in the market to provide you with a comprehensive protection insurance offering. We are whole of market brokers who work on your behalf with your benefit in mind when choosing the correct policy. This means we don’t work for just one insurer and have a large choice of products to choose from. With access to over 45 insurers, including all the major insurance providers, each with a variety of products, and options available. Every client has different and diverse needs and each case needs to be managed uniquely and appropriately.
Our specialists are fully knowledgeable, compliant and continuously updated and educated on each of our products. Making sure we are best suited to advise you correctly.
Our excellent relationships with the insurers, underwriters and processing teams allow us to facilitate a smooth, professional service, and guide you through the entire process of taking out Protection Insurance to your absolute satisfaction.
Feel free to call us for a no obligation, friendly chat regarding your protection needs.